National Guard members are eligible for the State Tuition Exemption Program (STEP) provided certain requirements are met:
- Must be a drilling member of the Louisiana National Guard,
- Must be domiciled in the state of Louisiana,
- Must be in good standing with the Louisiana National Guard,
- Must be seeking an Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree,
- Must maintain good academic standing with school, and
- Must pay all fees applied to bill (exemption covers tuition only).
Qualified students must present military identification card to the Student Cashier Center in the Student Union before the tuition deadline each semester.