Payments are issued as a percentage based on your active duty service.
Tuition & Fees
- Paid directly to the school
- Amount billed to VA is minus any tuition scholarship or exemption you receive
Books & Supplies Stipend
- Paid to the student
- Maximum of $1,000 per academic year
Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA)
- Based on enrollment status and school zip code
- Paid to the student at the beginning of each month for the previous month's enrollment
- Students only enrolled in online courses receive a reduced MHA rate
NOTE: If you wish to receive benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill and you are also eligible for another GI Bill benefit you will be required to make an irrevocable choice of which benefit you wish to receive.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is proud to be a Yellow Ribbon School. This program covers the non-resident fee for out-of-state students who receive 100% of the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Visit the GI Bill website for more information.
Awards are limited so please contact us early to apply.
Transfer of Benefits to Dependents
Service members may request a transfer of their Post-9/11 benefits to certain family members. Once the transfer is approved, the family member must apply for the benefit with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Visit the GI Bill website for more information about Transfer of Benefits.